Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Bloody Best

November 2nd, 2010

I didn't mean to disappear, but it was horrible, it was scary. I feared for my life--

I was kidnapped by Jigsaw and put into a reverse bear trap of sorts.
I'm only kidding- but SAW really did take over my life. (You can check out the article to the right under my BLOODY GOOD ARTICLES section- it's fucking monumental that one!)

I know you're probably sick of horror, being that Halloween JUST ended... but my life tends to revolve around blood and guts, even in light of the holiday season. And now is no exception... but this isn't about horror as much as it's about talent. Pure, beautiful talent.

I want to expose you guys to The Bloody Best. Before you read any further, or assume someone let Peaches Geldof take a stab at her autobiography, take a look at the website--

THE BLOODY BEST PROJECT 

(If you can't stomach blood, I'd stop short of clicking the mouse. There's plenty of it.)

Now tell me this isn't a talented group of people. Photographer Ama Reeves (who, by the way, is fucking fantastic), Stylist Autumn Reed, Makeup Artist Melissa Pizzamiglio, and Special Effects Guru Roger Johansen are taking a stab (literally) at an art book, throwing in horror celebrities with breathtaking scenery.

I don't say this very often (unless we're talking about the Bear Jew showing up in my dreams, ahem, Eli?), but the project took my breath away. As a horror fan, and even as someone who appreciates art in general, I was drawn to the pure nature of it. The fact that these individuals were turning something 'taboo' into something fantastic. I commend them for that- and I'll support them through their venture.

Spread the word people. If I say it's great, you know it is.

Peace, Love and Heartbreak ♥
A

No comments: