Friday, August 20, 2010

Download THE SPLAT PACK Today!

August 20th, 2010

It's hard for me to be objective when I fall in love with something. Unfortunately, when it comes to horror in general I have orgasms at the thought of a hit. THE SPLAT PACK doc was no different. Maybe it's because it combined a number of my fave films into one action-packed hour... or maybe it's because I got to stare at Eli's handsome mug for half that time. Either way, ladies and gentlemen, we have a hit.

I approached Wyrd Studios after catching a glimpse of the trailer on YouTube and told them I wanted to cover it for my blog. They happily sent along a screener-- and around the same time, Bloody-Disgusting picked me up as well. Great for me, great for them- all around greatness.

We're great.
Moving on--



I'll start off by saying I'm not a big fan of documentaries. Never have been. To me they're boring as shit- with the exception of Billy Corben's COCAINE COWBOYS. That was probably the first documentary that made me pick up my head and take notice of these type of filmmakers.

And THE SPLAT PACK was no different. I loved it. I've probably watched it about ten times over the past few weeks and it still intrigues me. I'm not sure if it's the topic of discussion, the awesome soundtrack, or the sick graphics- either way, I'm hooked.

In all honesty, this documentary deserves to be mainstream.

Why?

First of all, if you're a true fan of horror, it's like a walk down memory lane. Between the Grade-A clips, honest-to-God interviews, and a step by step guide to the genre, it's worth the hour of your time.

Secondly- directors Mark Henry and Frank H. Woodward are fucking awesome. And usually, with any film, if the director's awesome, the film is more than likely awesome.

And finally, it doesn't skip a beat. I think that's the most important attraction. It doesn't stretch the information too thin. In other words, the History channel is like sitting in Algebra class, while THE SPLAT PACK is a rock concert.

Get the picture?

If you want to check out the doc, it's available for download either as a rental or purchase on Wyrd's website. I think it's totally worth the price tag.

Tell 'em Andrea sent you! It won't get you shit, but you'll sound cool saying it.

Peace, Love and Heartbreak ♥
A

No comments: