Saturday, April 16, 2011

Guess Who's Back?

April 16th, 2011


Wow... it has been four months since I've updated THE ALBIN WAY. There's really no excuse- I've just been so damn busy I don't know my head from my ass. That makes it difficult to write anything worth value. 


Just ask Brad over at Bloody. Yesterday marked my first Bloody-Disgusting.com article since the Alex Pardee FEAR FILE at the beginning of January. I know, I'm a slacker.


Actually, 2011 has been an eventful year so far. Let's recap-


1. I got hitched.
That's right, boys. I know you're disappointed, but I married my love of five years, George, in a beach ceremony down in Key West on January 28th. It was one hell of a party that we'll never forget. Any wedding that involves a bunch of drunken 20 somethings and a couple of strippers certainly makes the unforgettable mark. 


Just in case you were curious- here are a couple of hot wedding pictures. We know we're gorgeous. 







2. ADA Management Group went NUTS.
I fired someone. I hired another someone (a BETTER someone). I did a complete department overhaul and opened up another department. SCRIPTOID (our sponsored screenwriting competition) nailed INKTIP.COM as a sponsor. And each week we're growing more and more. It's insane. I can't get over how much my tiny company has grown- and that's been where the majority of my absence has been aimed. 

3. My Computer Died... Twice
I have stood by this over the past few months- HP sucks. Do NOT own an HP. We had two, count 'em, TWO, and both of them shit out since the beginning of the year. On one, the motherboard fried, on the other- honestly, I don't know. All I know is that there has to be a demon inside the damn thing reverting it back to Windows 97... not 7... 1997. 

4. I'm the queen of procrastination. 
Not an excuse- just reality. I made lists, logged in a couple of times, updated my sidebars... but I just couldn't bring myself to sit here and write anything. It happens to the best of us.

Long story short- I'm back. I just completed a SCREAM feature for Bloody... I'm writing for several new outlets... my company is finally in order... and hey, I finally wrote a blog. I think I'm on a good enough 12 step program where I won't disappear again... at least until Christmas. 

Peace, Love and Heartbreak 

No comments: