Sunday, July 4, 2010

Andrea's Secret

July 4th, 2010

Shhh---
This is a big one.
I'm not sure if I should even tell you.
Ok- before you think I'm a total creep-- I'm a Twihard.


Yup- I'm a Team Edward, teetering on Team Jacob, book reading, black shirt wearing, Forks loving, movie going, Twihard. I've been in love since I read the first book- long before the movies were even on my radar. I didn't even see the first installment in theatres- I saved that one for Netflix. 



I was actually going to wait to talk about Eclipse until my 'movie Thursday'- but I couldn't hold it in much longer. Plus, it's a great way to start off my 4th of July celebration.


Here's my take- short and to the point. The movie was amazing. The actors have gotten better at their craft. The script fell well in line with the novel. And did I mention Taylor Lautner spends half the movie without his shirt? Like Edward, I'm beginning to wonder if he owns one. And I'm also beginning to wonder if that's illegal in some states.


Overall, I felt like it was a great movie. It was 'in tune' with the audience, which, I believe, especially with this series, is an important aspect. I believe that the audience wants to feel the emotions behind these characters. They want to see the turmoil. They want it to be as close to the book as possible. And Eclipse did everything you would want it to. In my opinion, it was the best of the series so far.


Although, I do want to see what they do with Breaking Dawn. Since I've experienced the novel, I'm not sure how they're going to tone it down to a PG-13 rating. But we shall see.


I'll be the first to tell you I'm usually not a big fan of book-to-movie favorites. I thought that The Lovely Bones was lame. I think that everytime Nicholas Sparks writes an amazing novel, some movie executive fucks it up. And don't even get me started on what they've done to some of my favorite graphic novels.


I know that there are some criticisms behind this movie and, in fact, all of the Twilight movies. Some critics complain about the actors. Some complain about the scenery. Some even go so far as to complain about the writing- which, in my opinion, comes from one hell of a screenwriter. While some complaints I can't argue, I still stand by my word- Eclipse was a good movie, and well worth the two plus hours I spent in my local theatre.


Now- are these movies the best of all time? Absolutely not.
Are the books better? Of course, the books are always better.


Team Edward or Team Jacob? I've always had a thing for vampires...


Peace, Love and Heartbreak ♥
A

No comments: