Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Girl Crushes

August 13th, 2011


Gay, straight, confused or just plain relationship-cursed, it's a given fact that men have man-crushes and girls have girl-crushes. For example, my husband has a serious man-crush on Leonardo DiCaprio. I don't know how many times I've been forced to sit through Leo movies- The Departed, Blood Diamond, Inception- just because it's Leonardo DiCaprio. Now, don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a great actor, but my in-love-with-Leo stage ended at Titanic. 


Sorry, babe. It's the truth. 


Now, here I am, on a Saturday night, watching a movie I had been avoiding: Battle Los Angeles. It's decent, I'm liking it so far, but the images of Michelle Rodriguez conjured up the battle of the crushes. I personally think that Michelle Rodriguez is insanely sexy. She's always a bad-ass, she rarely loses, and when she does, you cry... but she isn't the only one I would consider turning lesbian for. In fact, there are several. 


So here is my list- my top five girl-crushes. Don't drool too much, fellas.


5. Asia Argento

Asia Argento is stunning- and she's the daughter of Dario Argento, one of the Gods of horror. I've seen her do a little bit of everything. I have to admit I was slightly jealous watching her drag Vin Diesel around on XXX, but she deserved it. She's breathtaking, talented and edgy. I love it.

4. Michelle Rodriguez 

The girl is a fucking bad-ass. There's no doubt in my mind that if I was in a losing situation, she'd be the girl I'd call. I loved her in The Fast and The Furious. She surprised me with Avatar. And watching her tonight in Battle: Los Angeles just cemented the deal. I'd go lesbian for this girl. 


3. Zoe Saldana

Maybe I just have a thing for chicks who were in Avatar (though Sigorney Weaver just doesn't do it for me). Either way, I love Zoe Saldana. I've been in love with this girl since Center Stage. Let's face it, a girl who can pull off the color blue, ballet dancing, and do it all with a pretty smile? Again, I'd go lesbian. 

2. Sarah Michelle Gellar

I'm a huge Buffy fan. I started watching sometime during the 4th season and never could figure out why I didn't dive in right from the start. But I'm all for anything Sarah Michelle Gellar does as a result. I even sat through that horrible American remake that was The Grudge. This girl had me hooked from the moment I saw her slay a vampire... and even though she's disappeared in recent years, I still hold her dear to my heart.

1. Mila Kunis

I'm all about a girl who can make me laugh, yet be dramatic when it's necessary. I've always loved Mila Kunis on everything from Family Guy to Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but my insane girl-crush came into being after Black Swan. Forget Natalie Portman; I'll take this doe-eyed girl any day. 

And there you have it- my top five girl-crushes. They're all talented, they're all driven, and they all have made an impact on me in one way or another. Let's face it, if a lady captures my attention, there has to be a reason for it. 

Peace, Love and Heartbreak ♥







3 comments:

marvinnashsear said...

Have you been reading my internet history? It's Asia all the way for me, though. Been in love with her ever since I saw Demons 2 aged 9.

Andi said...

Oh my God I love Asia Argento. There's something so incredibly sexy about her... she's absolutely amazing. And the fact that she's Dario Argento's offspring just makes it even better for me!

captain mission said...

a very appealing list