Sunday, July 25, 2010

Who Is Evelyn Salt?

July 25th, 2010

I sat through all two hours and I still don't have a fucking clue.
But that's not a bad thing.

I waited until Saturday night to sit down and see the thriller SALT. I was expecting an action packed, high impact thriller. And that's just what I got.



If you're not familiar, Evelyn Salt is a CIA Agent who, during an interrogation, is accused of being a Russian spy. Despite being locked down in a high security federal building for her own interrogation, she manages to escape, save her dog, and take us on a crazed journey through DC and New York City.

Was it worth it to see in theatres? Sure.
Would I call it my favorite movie of the summer? Absolutely not.

I liked the movie. A lot. But after seeing Inception, it's hard to compare the two. 

The best part of SALT was, without a doubt, Angelina Jolie. Since I'm a chick, I love cheering on a bad-ass, adrenaline pumped bitch. I have a girl-crush on her anyway- if I were a lesbian she'd be my fantasy lay.

Moving on...

The action scenes were well thought-out. The direction itself was pretty good. The biggest problem I had was that the story dragged out- a lot. And the ending does leave you hanging, which leads me to believe the writer put in a lot of fillers to drag the film out into two, or even three, parts. It's one thing to have an intense, scene by scene action movie that would lead into a second part- it's another to confuse you, loop you, push you through the mud, and then leave you hanging.

Part of me doesn't want to see the second part. But I will- because I want to know what the fuck happens.

Conclusion: If you're looking for a fun, action-packed movie, you should check it out. If you have a crush on Jolie, go and watch it for that alone. But if you're looking for the biggest summer blockbuster, check out Inception.

Just don't blow your cover.

No comments: